Emerging from the tundra of far North America, it is a wonderous thing to be experiencing this searing heat down under.
It is New Year’s eve and dad has been helping you over the last couple of days to assemble all the Ikea furniture in your new room on Drummond Street. How exciting to be starting the year with a new address! We all hope you’ll be so happy in your new share house.
While you all were hard at work over there, I was putting together the coolest side dish I could think of to take to the bar-b-que we are all heading to. It is dead easy to make, Izzy. And we all know how much you love peas, so here it is to make and enjoy:
Green Pea and Mint Salad
- 1 package frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- rind of one lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- half an onion, sliced fine
- Boil salted water and add packet of peas
- Turn of the heat, drain and leave to cool
- When at room temperature, add a tablespoon of olive oil and toss through
- Add lemon rind and onion slices
- Add mint leaves just before serving
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary
- Serve at room temperature