Haha! I’m sorry I HAVE to call it this silly name because we ate it so quickly! Apart from being delicious, I think we were just so tired and hungry, the meal was gone in a flash! You know how we always take a bit of time over dinner: exchanging news, a glass of wine, lots of chit chat. This super fast meal was uncharacteristic, and we all laughed!
So, Isabel: its really is terribly straightforward, you could make this meal with your eyes closed. I rummaged around in the fridge and came up with golden beets, some shallots, a few carrots and potatoes. Tossed them in oil, and put them in a hot oven.
While they were roasting away happily, I marinated the chicken for ten minutes, popped them onto a rack, and put them in the oven too.
Fifteen mnitues later, it was all ready. I lay baby rocket on a platter. the roasted veggies went on top with a squeeze of lemon and a splash of olive oil. The vegetables would have roasted for thirty minutes. It was a good accompaniment to the chicken, but of course you could eat the chicken with some rice, or wrapped up in a roti .
Here’s the chicken recipe for you to try:
Five Minute Chicken
- 6 to 8 pieces skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- With the sharp point of a knife, prick the chicken pieces all over.
- Mix all the ingredients together well and leave to stand for ten minutes.
- Place chicken pieces on a grilling rack and the rack on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Bake for ten minutes in a hot oven.
- Turn over with tongs and bake on the other side for another five to ten minutes.