Today was going to be busy: stop by at Claudia’s new school to be kitted out in her new uniform and pick up text books, meet with the Dean of Students to finalize timetable. Then off to our new house to meet with RF, good friend and architect. Various phone calls, bank visits, etc, etc. The air freight was due to arrive in the afternoon. A good morning to start off with eggs. You and your sister agreed, so I put a pan of water on the stove.
We bought the most beautiful eggs at the farmers market we came upon across the road yesterday. The farmer was from Hollinsdale, his farm: Near River. Apparently their chooks spend the day roaming through their organic market garden. Nice life!
The poached eggs hit the right spot. Pity we did not have the stunning loaf of bread which RF fished out of the back seat of his car this afternoon. The eggs would have been amazing with it. Still, there were other wonderful ways to eat this magical loaf of bread- thank you CW and RF !!
Perfect Poached Eggs
- Boil a pan of water, and add about 2 to 3 teaspoons of salt.
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat so the water is simmering.
- Crack an egg carefully into a small saucer.
- Stir the water gently to create a ‘whirlpool’.
- Slip the egg into the centre of the whirlpool.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not stir.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Drain well and place on a piece of buttered toast.