I am in cooking gear now: you know for me it is retreat to the kitchen when my family is under pressure. My way of offering comfort. Your little sis is in high study mode right now, preparing for the trial exams starting on Monday. She goes straight from school to the library, and studies there till closing time (usually 10 pm). Then she comes home and studies some more!
Breakfast this morning of her favourite variety before she headed off to the library. Sadly her junior chefs from Toronto were not here to make them for her, with their Darth Vader spatula. Those boys’ pancakes never tasted anything but excellent. Still, these seemed to satisfy, and you’ll like them too, for a lazy Sunday breakfast tomorrow ? Dad fried up some bacon too, and the maple syrup over everything was pretty sweet and good!
Hope you have a great work day at the bookshop- will you be dreaming up more travel plans when you’re not busy serving customers? I miss you. xoxo
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk (or two cups yogurt mixed with 1 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for frying
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- Add the soda and whisk.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and whisk.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour batter into pitcher.
- Place butter on med heated griddle, when butter begins to foam
- pour pancake the size to your liking.
For Little C, chocolate chips are crucial, but optional for anyone else along with banana slices or blueberries.