Everyone’s always got a plastic container in the fridge at some time with languishing left over spaghetti. You know, the night before when your eyes were bigger than your tummy, all that.
Well, here’s a perfect delicious speedy quick left overs lunch (or dinner) to make with that cold pasta with virtually nothing- well, some salt and chilli flakes and garlic do the trick. A few parsley stalks would be a bonus.
- 1 cereal bowl left over cooked spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 level teaspoons chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1/3 bunch flat leaf parsley (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large shallow fry pan.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and chilli flakes.
- Stir until flakes darken and garlic turns golden.
- Add spaghetti and toss well so that the flavoured oil coats all the strands well.
- Throw in the parsley and toss for long enough for the parsley to soften.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Add the extra tablespoon of oil after you’ve removed the pasta from the stove and toss to coat well.
In another small fry pan with no oil, brown the breadcrumbs while stirring slowly until it changes colour to a golden brown.
Add the breadcrumbs at the very end and mix well before serving . Serves 1 for a meal or two for a snack.
If you are using more pasta, increase the other ingredients like oil, chilli, garlic, breadcrumbs, etc in half measures.